Pacific Islands Climate Collaborative – 2022 Forum
Date: March 22 and 23, 2022
Time: 1:00 – 3:00 pm HST
The 2022 Pacific Islands Climate Collaborative Forum was held virtually through Zoom and aims to engage relevant stakeholders in meaningful, action-oriented conversations that will result in networking and collaboration toward the development of joint clean energy and climate adaptation/resilience projects in the Pacific Island Countries.
March 22, 2022 at 1:00 – 3:00 pm HST
Pacific Island Nations Clean Energy and Climate Adaptation/Resilience Needs and Opportunities
To understand South Pacific Island Nations’ needs and issues concerning the development of clean energy and climate resilience. Also, to begin discussions on related solutions, specifically, how could US and Japanese entities help the South Pacific Island nations deploy clean energy and climate resilience projects?
Available U.S. and Japanese and Other Support Measures and Opportunities for International Collaboration
To provide participants an opportunity to learn about currently available funding sources and other support measures for companies/entities that are able to perform projects in the Pacific Island Countries.
- Presentation by Akuila Tawake (SPC)
- Presentation by John Miller & Samantha Frick (Mana Pacific)
- Presentation by Rupeni Mario (SPREP)
- Presentation by Miko Maekawa (Sasakawa Peace Foundation)
- Presentation by Yasuyuki Okazaki (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan)
- Presentation by Carol Litwin (Green Climate Fund – GCF)
March 23, 2022 at 1:00 – 3:00 pm HST
Climate Solutions EXPO – An international panel of industry and academia representatives with readily deployable clean energy and climate adaptation/resilience solutions (90 minutes)
To showcase companies/entities that are able to perform projects in the Pacific Island Countries. These companies are examples. A further goal is to have as many relevant companies join this discussion.
- Presentation by Yuki Nomoto (TEPCO)
- Presentation by Lex Heslin (Hitachi Zosen Inova)
- Presentation by Marc Matsuura (HNEI)
- Presentation by Andrew Bedford (Jacobs)
- Presentation by Tom Tansy (SunSpec Alliance)
- Presentation by Brandon Jiro Hayashi (Terraformation)
- Presentation by Noriyuki Satoh (OIST)